Monday, March 24, 2014

Little Artist Party!

Hello! Again, a long time between posts, yet I feel like I just did one!!! Time flies I guess! Today's post is on my granddaughter's 6th birthday party! She wanted an art party, so we headed to pinterest for some ideas and took off with it! I made the little girls each an apron from old jeans and ironed their initial on them. They decorated an 8 inch letter with paint and gems and punches... and did a wonderful job!!! Kaitlyn was so happy with it and thanked me over and over!! All totally worth it!
So here are the invitations:


Kaitlyn saw this cake on pinterst and loved it!!! So my daughter in law had her friend make it!

 
I made labels that said "Kaitlyn's Creative Juice" to go on the drinks! Of course each girl had her own name on it!
 
I made a paint palette for each artist out of a Styrofoam paper plate, punched a hole for the hole and then tied a paint brush on it! We squirted puddles of paint on it for them to use. Here's each place setting... the party hats are store bought and I added a rosette to each one and glued white rick rack around the bottom. The little red striped cups have gems in them and the blue ones have glue and toothpicks to glue with. Each girl got an easel with a little "Artist at Work" sign on it...
 
 
I cut the word ART in 10" letters from the Base Camp Cricut cartridge and we hung them from the paper lanterns in the center of the room...
 
 
The door sign to welcome the party guests!
 
 
A Happy Birthday banner is a must have!
 
 
And the rice krispie treat "paint brush" to take home!
 
 
I also made little art aprons for each girl from old jean legs and used bias tape around the edges and fused the initial to each one, here's Kaitlyn in hers...
 
 
They all had a great time creating and really did a great job with the letters!!!! Very creative, little girls!!!!!
 


 
 
 
All in all, a successful day! And it was all done in two hours!!! Funny how all the preparations take so much longer than the actual party!!! And it was all worth it when a precious 6 year old tells me "Thank You, Grandma, for making my party so nice!"
melt....
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Teri
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So So cute!!! Love it! We would get in so much trouble if I lived there...we could have a party planning business (except no one would be able to afford us because we are crazy and go way overboard)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Your comments make me smile and I appreciate them more than you know!!!