Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Simon Says Create! Weekend!

Oh, here I am again, so late with posting... life gets so busy sometimes and when you think back on it, it seems like you've not done anything!!
I've had some fun things that I got to do!!! Simon Says Stamp had their Simon Says Create event in Columbus at the end of May and I got to go!!!!! I never had such a great time, it was simply awesome!! Classes started at 9 on Friday morning and ended at 9, then started up again Saturday morning until about 8 that night! The best part????!!! TIM HOLTZ was one of the teachers!!!! Yep, I finally got to take classes with him and it was fantabulous!!!!!!! My seat for all the classes was right next to the demonstrators table... swoon!!!!! LOL!!! He is soooo nice and so down to earth, you felt like you knew him forever!! I was totally out of my comfort zone, but ended up loving all the techniques!!! We also had Jennifer McGuire teaching cards... she is just the cutest little thing!! LOL! Here are a few pictures of the classes with Tim.... only the canvas is actually finished! They were fast paced classes!
Here's the canvas... it isn't as yellow as it looks in this picture, my lighting was horrible!!!!
Click on the pictures for full size!


Then we worked on one of the mini folio's, these are so awesome!!! Mine has tons to do to have it finished, but it gives me a fun place to try new things out and add them to it!






The final class with tim was the Configurations mini book! I have fallen in love with these and can't wait to get a couple more!!! I still need to add some treasures here and there and to finish the tag book for the bottom! All these supplies were given to us to use and take home... it was just too cool!!




This will be the tag book that goes in the bottom section... And the binding system... just need a little time to finish it up!

 

Alll in all, it was a fantastic, special time!! My good friend, Deb, went with me even though she couldn't get into the sold out classes. They had demonstrators all day and a store set up so between that and our hotel room, she kept busy!!! We spent money on awesome supplies, too!! LOL!! I'm hoping they have it again next year because I will be there!!!!
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today! Your comments make me smile and I appreciate them more than you know!!!